Jul 22, 2013

Road Trip!

     I hope that when I'm old there is a Melody in my life. To me, it is so amazingly sweet of Melody to pick Granny Cato up in Virginia and take her on a crazy cross country road trip to visit old and new friends, family and significant places in her life. The first stop on their road trip took them to our house in Greenville. Granny and Pop Cato both attended Bob Jones University which is right up the street from our apartment. So on Sunday they went to church with us and while Gray and I were finishing up some responsibilities they fixed us an amazing casserole for lunch. Then we all jumped in the car and headed up the street. Granny purchased a disposable camera to document her trip and so we stopped at both the dorms she stayed in as well as the dining hall and welcome center snapping photos and listening as she recanted so many funny and sweet stories of her time at Bob Jones. We all got a little choked up as she remembered all the good times she had with Pop and the first time they met. Even though I will never get a chance to meet Pop on this side of eternity, I feel like I know him a little bit now after all the stories! Later, after a quick nap, we headed downtown for some ice cream and a look around Falls Park. 
     *Don't mind the creeper in the background.
     Another reason for their visit was to drop off some china. Granny Cato did a little spring cleaning and found several items she didn't need and so she offered them to the grandkids! I just happened to get the china (a perk of having different tastes than my sisters-in-law). I cannot wait to use it, anybody want to come over?
     __________________________________

     Well, Monday came and they continued on their journey. They stopped at Nashville next then headed to Kentucky followed by several places in Indiana before finishing in Iowa. So we wished them well as they headed out on their exciting journey and for me, life went back to normal. I went to work and came home to these crazy kids and loved every second of it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment