Jul 29, 2013

In the midst of crazy.

     I find it hard to believe that the weekend already came and went. Sometimes life seems to go so slow, inching along at a snails pace while at other times it seems to race by. In those moments, all you can do is break for a short second to breath before running to the next thing. That was this weekend. A bunch of craziness packed into two days. Finally at the end of it, I find myself sitting on the couch while Gray watches the Braves game and Riggs goes to town on a bone, trying to take deep breaths and remember the special moments. It's so easy for me to get frazzled while in the rush and therefore miss out on the beauty of living.
      Tonight all three Summit Campuses came together to sing and worship God. I have to be honest, my heart wasn't really in it. My mind was shouting out all of my insecurities about getting up to lead worship, and I was tired. In the midst of my complaining, God graciously grabbed hold of my heart and gave it a little shake, releasing me from my bad attitude and giving me a different outlook.
     We sang a song titled "Oceans." It's pretty popular, but if you haven't heard it, you should go take a listen HERE. The bridge (if that's what it is) sings:

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters 
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior

     This really struck me. It's an idea that I can say I truly long for, but haven't ever really asked for or sought after. So many times my trust in God is dependent on my own pre-conceived notions of when he "deserves" trust. Like when things are good and going the way I think they should, but what would it mean to trust him without limitations? I do pray that he would lead me where only he can. To places I dare not dream of because in my small frail human-ness, I don't know how I would ever handle them. But isn't that part of the sweetness of putting my trust in Christ? Knowing that no matter the outcome, no matter what life throws, I have a Savior who leads me deeper, who calls me outside of myself and pulls me towards Himself and the beauty of his presence. 
     So if you find yourself panting and tuckered out from this past weekend I hope that you can find a peaceful moment to catch your breath and reflect back on the beauty of living. And maybe like me you'll be able to find God in the midst of the crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment