Jul 31, 2013

Easy Peach Cobbler


     Summer and cobbler are two words that are synonymous for me. It's just a given that a warm summer night calls for sweet gooey fruit mixed with bread pudding that is doused in ice cream and smothered in milk. Church function, cobbler, game night, cobbler, just because, cobbler. It really is the answer for almost anything in our house. It is a little unfortunate that Gray isn't a berry lover, but he does love peaches so we're good.
     I've been stuck to my Easy Peach Cobbler recipe since high school. I found it in an old cookbook that my mom owns. Oddly enough, I believe it is a cookbook put out by a school who compiled a bunch of recipes from their students (aka. their students' parents). Since I don't know who's recipe this is, I'm gonna pretend its mine, so . . . sorry if I stole your grandma's recipe!
     A couple of weeks ago, I met up with my college roommate who happens to live only two hours away from me! Naturally, you would think we would take every opportunity to see each other, but as it stands we are both horrible at communication, therefore, getting together twice over the past six months is a pretty good record in our book. We met in Gaffney and lucky for us, they had just hosted the South Carolina Peaches Festival this meant that we both went home with a bag of peaches.
     I couldn't eat them fast enough so obviously I had to make cobbler . . .

Easy Peach Cobbler
1) Preheat the over to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
2) Melt completely 1 stick of butter and place in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.
3) Spread 1 large can of peaches in whatever syrup you like (3 or 4 large peaches cut up that have been sugared and allowed to sit for a little bit) over the butter.
4) In a large bowl combine-
        1 cup flour
        1 cup sugar
        1 cup milk
        1 teaspoon vanilla
        2 teaspoons baking powder
5) Pour the batter over the peaches.
6) Bake for about 50 min (check at 40min). It will get brown on top and when you stick a knife in the middle it will be a little gooey.
7) Allow it to sit for about 10 min before you dish it out and enjoy!

     It is hard to mess up, but with that said, me and easy peaches have had our rough patches. If you try the recipe let me know if you like! Till Friday happy eatin!

P.S. For you Greenville folk who love cobbler, Jamie Estepp also has her own special recipe that she might be willing to share . . .

1 comment:

  1. Yum!!! Might have to try this considering we have peaches for the first time ever.

    ReplyDelete