Jul 3, 2013

Peace & Calm

     The next couple of posts will be jumbled and out of order, exactly like my apartment most days . . . A couple of weeks ago Gray was up in Virginia doing an intensive week at Liberty for his grad program. There was no reason for me to go, so I stayed home with Riggs and Gray's mom. She graciously agreed to stay with me so that I wouldn't have to be alone and we had a grand old time! Most of the week consisted of me at work while she looked after the dogs and the other half consisted of Premier Jewelry Training (learning the ropes and getting my stuff together). But one night I was able to clear some space so that Melody and I could go to Caesars Head State Park. I've been wanting to go for forever, and I finally convinced someone to make the drive.
     Caesar's Head State Park is about an hour north west of Greenville and it boasts some amazing views of the Blue Ridge Mountains and the surrounding area. Here are a few photo's from the outlook.
It was a little foggy the day we went, which means I have a great excuse to take Gray and go back!
     As we headed down from the top of the mountain we found an unlikely surprise. At first glance we thought a couple people had stopped off at another cool trail, but once we walked across the bridge and through the line of trees we found a huge rock that was spray painted all over and an amazing view! The night couldn't have ended better! . . . and then we got ice cream.
Thanks for taking an adventure with me Melody!


No comments:

Post a Comment