Jul 24, 2013

Beauty Products

     I do not foresee many posts like this in my future, I love beauty products, but I've never wanted to spend money on "the good stuff." Since I'm too lazy to look for the amazing knock-off's that are "just as good if not better than the real thing," I don't have much to say on the subject. If you were to ask any of my sisters or any of my friends you'd probably get a completely different answer, but thank goodness we weren't all made the same! Anyway, that was a super long introduction all to say this; I have a really shnazzy work friend who introduced me to BIRCHBOX. If you've ever heard of Birchbox then you know how fabulous it is, if you haven't, then you might really enjoy this post!
     Basically, for $10 a month, you can receive a real, literal package that will arrive at your doorstep (not your email box or Facebook message board) that will contain this:
If your curiosity isn't already piqued, then I'm here to tell you it only gets better. If you lift off the lid you will find a post card explaining the theme/word of the month on one side and a list on the other. It will be placed atop bright pink tissue paper that is patiently waiting for you to push it aside. 
     Once you do, you will find a plethora of sample beauty products ("the good stuff," if you were wondering). All you have to do is try them, or not, but the first option is way more fun. This month my box had lots of facial products, but my box last month had among other things, blush and lipstick. You never know what you're going to get which makes each month so exciting. The idea is for you to try the products and if you find yourself enamored with one or all of them you buy the full-sized product. You can even go online and mark products you're more interested in receiving. *Note: All the products in the box are listed on the back of the postcard.
     So far, I haven't been sooo "in love" with something that I have bought the full-sized version, but it has been exciting to add some new, fashionable and trendy samples to my collection! So if this sounds interesting to you, I think its definitely worth checking out HERE. Below is a list of the products and their descriptions (which are not mine) as well as my opinions of the products. 
1. Juicy Couture (perfume) - a youthful scent that layers passion fruit and mandarin over a base of rose and caramel. In my opinion, it wasn't very youthful, it smelled grandmotherly on my skin, so I only wore it once.
2. Frais (hand sanitizer) - a zesty smelling hand sanitizer that zaps 99.9% of germs while enriching skin with essential oils. For me, I like hand sanitizers that go on and dry really quickly, this one left my hands feeling sticky which could be due to the oils, all in all, I wasn't a fan.
3. Benta Berry (G-1 moisturizing face cream) - a french best-seller that both hydrates and purifies. This one I really liked, a little bit went a long way and it left my skin feeling really smooth!
4. Number 4 (super comb prep & protect) - a sulfate-free leave-in conditioner that safeguards color and protects against UV rays. I think this product would be great for people with dryer hair, it left mine feeling greasy.
5. Marcelle (BB cream golden glow) - a Birchbox exclusive, this Canadian multitasker is rich in hydrating aloe juice. I didn't realize it was exclusive, this product was my favorite, it gave my skin a little color but didn't have the feel of makeup, it blended everything together and felt really light. If I bought something, it would be this!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment