Jul 19, 2013

Atlanta, GA

     I was soooo excited on Friday of last week. I took a half day at work so that Gray and I could go early to Atlanta and spend some time at the beautiful botanical gardens before meeting Nate and Celeste for a fun filled Saturday get-together. As we drove up the road to the garden entrance we rounded a corner and came face to face with a gate, no biggie, we obviously missed the correct entrance . . . I then checked online for another entrance and it became apparent that Beyonce shut down the park for her concert. Of course this would happen to me. It seems that every time I have a brilliant idea (i.e. I'll leave work early, we'll go to the botanical gardens and relax and smell beautiful flowers) it somehow gets thwarted, maybe every time is a slight exaggeration. Anyway we went to the mall instead, just as good right? Nope.
     So the weekend didn't start exactly how I had hoped, but that's okay, it definitely ended a lot better! It was so good to see Gray's sister and brother-in-law and catch up on life. Saturday we woke up somewhat early (I say this because 8:00 on a Saturday is early for people who don't have kids) and took the Marta into Atlanta. We strolled around the CNN building and moseyed on down to Olympic Park where we bought the best peaches and then we ended up at the Coke Museum. After filling up on drinks we burped our way to the Braves game and had a good 'ole time watching them beat the Reds, sorry Nate. The whole day went entirely too fast! I can't wait to meet up with Nate and Celeste again soon, love those people!





1 comment:

  1. Love it and all the pics!! So glad we got to see you!! It was a fabulous but way to short weekend!! Love You!!!

    ReplyDelete