Jul 17, 2013

Monday Night Crew

There is something about true community that feeds my soul. 
The ability to sit with friends and share life with them; the praises, the burdens, the struggles, the challenges, the joys, both the sweet and the horrible sadness and then the ability to feel instantly connected, instantly at peace, that does something to me. I leave wanting to remember every moment. I leave wanting to etch every beautiful word, affirmative look, and sustaining hand into the deepest recesses of my brain. Community is a gift I find so hard to explain. Its a gift that I stand in awe of. A gift that when experienced causes me to reach out and grab it, so that I might rest in its anchoring power because it is truly so life giving.
 So why is it that in my darkest moments I try to live without it? Why I choose to deny the cleanest most refreshing thing that every seeped into the driest places of my soul?
I'm sure if God didn't already know the answer, he'd be asking me the same thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment