Jul 9, 2014

Fajita style Quesadillas

     If you're anything like me dinner rolls around and you have no clue what you're going to eat. All you do know is, "I'm hungry!" Well, I can't give you a long term solution, but I can tell you about what I ate tonight and how I put it together in 10 mins with only 5 ingredients.
See doesn't that look amazing! I can assure you it is sooo good!

Here is what you need:
Coconut Oil (or olive oil or butter)
1 green pepper 
1 red onion 
2 soft tortillas
3/4 cup cheddar cheese (or more if you need it :))

1. Cut up you onion and pepper.
2. In a small pan sauté the onion and pepper in coconut oil on medium high (add any spices to taste, I added salt, pepper, and Emery's seasoning). Cook until desired texture, I like mine slightly crunchy.
3. Place sautéed onion and pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
4. Place one tortilla in the bottom of your pan and cover with half the cheese. Top with the onion and pepper you set aside, then top with the remaining cheese and cover with the second tortilla.
5. Once the cheese starts to melt flip the quesadilla over to cook the other side (I do this by putting a plate over the pan, flipping the quesadilla onto the plate and then sliding it back into the pan).
6. Once toasty, transfer to a plate, cut and enjoy with sour cream (although not necessary it does do the quesadilla some good)!
Super easy and super tasty! You can do so many things with a quesadilla. Let me know if you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment