Jul 15, 2014

4 Mission Street

     I thought I would start a new series showcasing some of the work Gray and I have put into our home. Yes we are just renting so this will not be our forever house, but it does hold a special place in my heart and I'm somewhat bummed that I didn't document our last apartment. So, not wanting to make that a habit I thought I'd better start snapping pictures now, especially before baby comes!
     The fun thing about renting is that a lot of the work is usually put into things you can see. We aren't having to pay for new heating or air conditioning, a new roof or other house projects that may be necessary, but don't get a lot of props. Instead I can focus on the decorations and the furniture that adds character and style to a space.
     I'm starting off with the living room and will hopefully add tours of other rooms and a few craft projects along the way. If you see anything you like, let me know and I can either tell you where I bought it, how I made it or who gave it to us!
     We didn't paint many rooms, just this room and the craft room. I wrote this POST a while back about color and how much I can't stand to leave everything all white. I love the way the turquoise turned out, too bold? I think not! :) It's such a fun, bright color and since we decided to leave two of the four walls white, it's not too overpowering in my opinion.
     The furniture was one of our major investments this year and without it the room really wouldn't be as neat. We found it at Ashley's Furniture while Gray was working there, but ended up buying it cheaper at a furniture outlet in the area. A frugal purchase will always make me smile!
     While I would consider this room complete, I'm always tweaking things and moving pieces around so who knows what will be different in a few months. But that's the fun in decorating, there is always room for more creativity and invention!

No comments:

Post a Comment