Feb 22, 2014

Family Hiking.

     I was so hoping that when Gray and I went home to Ohio for Christmas we would see lots of snow. But it wasn't meant to be, in fact instead of snow or cold weather we seemed to have brought Greenville weather with us. It was balmy with temperatures in the high 40's and 50's . . . even though the lack of snow was disappointing, it did allow my family the chance to go hiking.
    I love hiking with my family, it always makes me laugh. You see, my mom goes hiking to exercise, she is always way ahead of the pack fast walking her way to the end. She likes to appreciate her surroundings at a drive by speed. My dad on the other hand, loves the outdoors, he loves exploring and breathing in the beautiful environment. Its more about enjoying the hike than getting through it. My sisters seem to get drawn into my mom's exciting speed and use it as exercise for themselves. I hate exercising, but instead of thinking that I'm lazy, I choose to believe that like my dad I love taking it slow, making my way with careful feet, capturing all of the beauty that God creates.
     Hiking with my family, regardless of the speed, is a great reminder that there is this stunning world all around us and that sometimes we just need to get out and see it. I can't wait to take hikes with my kids and make similar memories one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment