Oct 29, 2013

What I'm reading.

     I have the privilege of reading again, "Lies Women Believe," by Nancy Leigh DeMoss with some of the ladies in my life group. In an effort to be prepared for our first meeting, I was reading back though the introduction and came across this passage.
     As you look at your life, would you say you are experiencing the abundant life Jesus came to give? Or do you find yourself just existing, coping, struggling, surviving?
     I'm not asking if you have a trouble-free life. In fact, some of the most radiant, joyful women I know are women who are living in painfully difficult marriages; women who have wept at the graveside of a son or daughter; women who have been diagnosed with cancer or are caring for an elderly parent with Alzheimer's. But somehow, in the midst of the problems and the pain, they have discovered a source of life that enables them to walk through the valley with peace, confidence, and wholeness.
     I'm ready to be challenged again. I've gotten too complacent, just existing, I'm ready to live an abundant life and I'm so excited to start this journey with my life group ladies!
It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened by a yolk of slavery. 
-Galatians 5:1

No comments:

Post a Comment