Sep 21, 2016

Well's Newborn Photos

     It took me so long to get these taken, I blame the toddler, but it was probably me just being lazy. He was exactly two weeks and totally awake for most of it. Translation, he peed twice, pooped once and cried a lot, good thing he won't remember this session. Not my best mom moment and not my best photography (aka. a lot of noise due to low light), but it happened and I really do love these images. The candid ones toward the end I will treasure forever, I think it's evident that Tobias truly loves his little brother. We all do, he's just the cutest and he has only gotten chunkier! The emoji with the hearts in its' eyes, that is totally me.
     This stud slept a whole bunch for the first four weeks. He started sleeping six-eight hours at night around three weeks which was and is so nice! The struggle has been the days. He bucks any type of schedule and I live on a schedule. My personality craves alone time so that I can recharge and be at my best. So when naps don't sync and I've got a crazy toddler awake and then a cranky baby awake without a break the days get super long. But we are managing and I'm trying to shift my expectations so that the day can happen and I can survive without losing my mind. 
      I am so thankful for all the extra help, Gray generally takes over when he comes home and Francesca pitches in so that we all make it to 8:30. And I have an amazing mother-in-law who drives down for the weekend (such a blessing)! I keep telling myself it is only a season and most days I can really enjoy this phase, you just get those rotten eggs every once in a while that leave a sour taste. Positive thinking people, we can do this! I can do this through Christ my strength! The funny thing is, I am less anxious and truly loving this newborn stage a lot more than when I had Tobias (a fun shift). I understand it can't always be rainbows and butterfly's so I go to bed late and get up early, drink my tea, read my Bible and pray, attempt to keep my house clean, run my diffuser, and visit friends to combat the crazy! He is two months tomorrow, yikes! Time truly flies, it won't be this type of crazy forever ...

No comments:

Post a Comment