Sep 24, 2015

A morning at the park.

     Labor day weekend was the first time in a very long time that our WHOLE family (Riggs, Tobias, me and Gray) was able to make the trip home! Thinking back, it really was the perfect amount of time. We split our 4ish days between my family, my two grandma's and Gray's family! They were jam packed with lots of love, attention, and activities and little frustration so I would call that a pretty successful trip!
     We started home on Wednesday evening and drove to Lexington where Matt and Dana and their sweet boys live. We spent the night enjoying their hospitality and company. The dinner Dana prepared was out of this world (a far cry from my usuals), grilled chicken and asparagus, with the warmest bread and the tastiest wine! I love spending time with them, they remind me of the beginning. We still joke about that time when Matt told Grayson, who had just vented about how frustrating I was, that we would get married some day. They have journeyed with Gray and I from our inception and have mentored us through to marriage and beyond. They are the dearest of people and talking about life with them feels so comfortable. We pick up right where we leave off every time, and as I have gotten older I realize just how rare that is!
     If any of you have traveled with children you know just how taxing it can be, so the next morning we woke in the wee hours and traveled the 2.5 hours home as the sun rose and the baby slept. We went to Gray's house first and after some conversing, Melody and I decided to take a walk down to the park with Tobias. We enjoyed the slide and teeter totter, but mostly the swings. Watching him swing is always amusing, what with his wispy hair getting tousled every which way and his infectious giggles, I always end up laughing. His zeal for life and learning is truly a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment