Aug 9, 2013

Timothy.

     I've been a little preoccupied lately. Thinking. Sifting through thoughts and feelings. Reflecting.
        Gray and I have faced some tough situations and decisions and I'm feeling worn. Don't worry, it's nothing life altering or life destroying, just a little wind in the midst of our calm. It's the kind of week that tires you, but only because the forward step you are taking requires a little extra exertion. 
     In all honesty I feel a prevailing sense of thankfulness. God has placed some incredible people in our lives. It's caused me to question why I'm so surprised, why my faith in them was so small. Is this a reflection of how small my faith is in God? . . .
     In 1 Thessalonians 3, Paul writes, I have sent Timothy to "strengthen, comfort, and encourage you in your faith, so that you won't be shaken by the sufferings and wither under this stress that lies ahead (vs. 2-3). Timothy was sent to remind the Thessalonians who they'd placed their faith in, to encourage them to prevail through all of the temptations and testings that they were and would experience.
     This week I needed that reminder, I needed a Timothy. I was stressed, and even though we are now slowly getting back to normal I know there will be more stress up ahead because that's life, but God graciously provided several Timothy's that encouraged me in my faith. I was given much needed advice, listening ears, sensitive hearts, praying warriors, and prevailing love. I was challenged and encouraged through friends and family that though I am weak, His spirit is strong in me, I've been given faith to trust that God is good and his love is great regardless!
     Has God placed any Timothy's in your life to encourage you in your faith? Have you been a Timothy to someone this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment