Oct 21, 2015

Pumpkin Painting

     This was an ambitious activity for a one year old. I admit I was a little too excited about having a possible art student than I was concerned about thinking through what it would look like for Ty to actually paint a pumpkin. He wasn't ready. I wasn't ready. His dad was less than enthused and leery. I should have listened to him, but I didn't. So there's that.
     Our first attempt lasted for about a minute before paint was in his mouth and I was running inside trying to wash it all out. And the second attempt held his interest for about two minutes more, just long enough to snap a few pics and call it a day (aka. lick my wounds and admit defeat). I think I have a couple more years before this becomes a fun family activity. All I can say is sometimes you have to try it to figure out it doesn't work, anybody else with me? ... And maybe we can forget about the part where his makeshift smock resembles a ruffled dress . . . Parent fail most definitely, :/.
     Notice the red on his lips ... not blood, just more paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment