Aug 5, 2014

Trusting God: What do you do when your head says one thing and your heart screams another?

     I've been seriously pondering this question and I'm pleading with God to provide more clarity. It's true that our head is there to make the smart, unemotional and calculated decisions at times, but what is it about the heart and its passions that makes it so hard not to make decisions from gut feelings? And how do you know which is right? How do you know that choosing one is best over choosing the other? Its a predicament filled with angst I tell you!
     Gray and I want to be exactly where God would have us. We so want to be doing the things God is calling us to. We so want our lives and our passions to be informed by God and his gospel. And we so wish his speaking would be loud and clear! It's in these moments that I think, maybe His answer is clear, we just aren't listening.
     As of now, here is my conclusion, there are circumstances and choices surrounding each decision. It is worth taking a look at these things as well as your prayer life and what you were asking God to do to see how this answer fits into the grand scheme of things. I love these words from a dear friend. "Remember, YOU can't screw this up, God is in control." Whether choosing to go against your head or your heart is an act of trust. So Gray and I find ourselves trusting that God knows what decision we will make and that living for him means always being in His will. He directs our path. And even though it seems like this decision is "all on us," it isn't.
     Have you ever made a hard decision, one that inevitably meant going against either your head or your heart? I'd love to hear your stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment