Sep 22, 2013

A fall activity.

Yesterday after church Gray and I and a couple of our friends headed into the mountains to enjoy the crisper weather and a fun fall activity. I've been wanting to visit Sky Top Orchard for a couple of weeks because a) I love apples, and b) the orchard is set in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. 
It's about an hour drive from where we live, but winding through tall wooded mountains under clear blue skies that are dotted with the occasional cotton ball cloud, does not make for a terrible afternoon. So we loaded up the cars with all the essentials (aka. us and some mullah) and had a grand old time enjoying each others company while looking for the biggest most colorful apples both in and out of reach. 
               
If I had to complain about anything it would be the extremely large amount of people who also had the brilliant idea to visit the orchard, but it wasn't the end of the world. Indeed, we were able to find an few uninhabited trees from which we gleamed prize winning fruit. Perseverance is key I tell you.
      
P.S. the cute baby belongs to none of the above photographed people. Henry, I seemed to have missed the shot of you with your beautiful parents. Rob and Linds next time, I promise! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment