May 26, 2013

Returning home after being gone.

     I never thought that one of the hardest things I would do would become one of the best things I would do. But then again, there probably aren't many people that think this, it just kind of happens that way.
     And so, moving away from Ohio wasn't really a "woohoo, I'm so excited moment," It was more of a tearful realization that even though growing up is fun it can be really hard. I think until this point in my life, my goings always ended with a return; England in high school, heartsong tours, Spain. Part of my enjoyment came with knowing that this place or activity wasn't long term. I would always be returning home.
      But Greenville, it doesn't really have an ending date. I could very well have left Ohio for good. And even though at first I had an "omg this is the end of the world moment," these last couple of months have proved me wrong. I have met special friends that have challenged and encouraged me towards Christ. I have found a job that isn't fulfilling but has provided valuable knowledge that will help me in any work endeavor I pursue in the future. My relationship with Grayson has only gotten better, not having the 'rents so close has really made us lean on each other for help and support. But what I was really reminded of this past weekend is how much sweeter it is to return home when you've been gone, even if it is for just a moment.
      Cue my parents brilliant plan: Surprise baby sister for prom. In short, they paid for the plane tickets and I packed my bags.
I made the horrible decision of flying super early in the morning. Which meant waking up at 3:30 leaving for the airport at 4, boarding the plane at 5, twenty min flight to Charlotte, layover till 8, one hour flight to Dayton and no one to pick me up until 10. Thank goodness for caffeine!
I spent the day with my sister Victoria since we couldn't surprise Dominique until after school at her nail appointment. We had a good ole time baking dessert, curling hair dodging lightening, and acting goofy.
Then the moment we'd all been waiting for arrived, and it went off without a hitch! (Tip for surprising a Couser Girl, do it in a public place where they can't go crazy, it minimizes the tears)
Before:
The hair idea came from this hairstyle sported by Selena Gomez.
Who knows what was happening . . . oh vic
After:
My lovely assistant:
Cannot wait to do her senior pictures . . .
Of course she didn't really pin it on.
It was a beautiful day and a fantastic weekend (especially since it just happened to be Mothers Day), I'm so thankful my parents extended the invitation!
The view from the plane as I left. It might be flat, but it's still beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment